HANA stands for High Performance Analytical Appliance. HANA is an appliance for processing huge volumes of real-time transactional data. HANA provides tools for data modeling, data and Lifecycle Management, Security and operations.
HANA also provides support for multiple interfaces based on Latest Industry Standards. The Highpoint about HANA is that it can analyze information in real-time at unparalleled speeds and that too large volume of data.
HANA is a synthesis of three products, which are TREX, P*Time and MaxDB. The first version of SAP HANA was released on 20th November, 2010 and the latest version for SAP HANA is SAP HANA 1.0. SAP HANA has been generally available since June 20th, 2011.
SAP HANA is an appliance which analyzes large amounts of data and subsequently tries to minimize the complexities related to that particular data, which in turn can be used by the Customer in an efficient and Cost-Effective way. SAP HANA application uses both Hardware and Software and later integrates a number of SAP components such as SAP HANA Database, SAP LT (Landscape Transformation), SAP HANA Direct Extractor Connection and Sybase Replication Technology.
SAP HANA database uses in-memory database technology, which is a row-based, column-based and object-based database technology. Through the proficient use of SAP HANA Database the entire unwanted data can be deleted instantly and thus improve the performance aspect of an entity. SAP HANA Database has been highly recommended by most of the organizations for its scalability as well as credibility for performing complex operations related to data in an easy to use manner.
How it helps to Industry
How it helps to Industry
In-memory computing is a technology that analyses massive quantities of data in local memory so that the results of complex analyses and transactions are available at your fingertips – and business decisions can be executed without delay.
With in-memory technology integrated into your business, you’ll see immediate benefits:
- Gain Real-Time – know it when it happens
- Go Deeper – ask any question on any data
- Act Broadly – manage large volumes of data
- Run Faster – analyze at the speed of thought
- Get Flexibility – eliminate pre-fabrication requirements
Benefits of SAP HANA:
- The major benefit of SAP HANA application is that it can be processed directly using RAM with its unique inbuilt in-memory database technology.
- SAP HANA can be integrated with other modules of SAP through Net Weaver.
- Through SAP HANA application, there will be faster processing as SAP HANA can store and process Terabytes of data within a short time which is otherwise impossible.
- Through SAP HANA application the Total Cost of operations can be reduced by which again, the costs of hardware can be minimized to a much greater extent.
- Proper Utilization of SAP HANA Database will be able to provide Quick results from complex data requests.
- Through the efficient use of SAP HANA database a user can run multiple queries in parallel.
Implementation of SAP HANA:
There are basically six steps to implement SAP HANA in an organization, they are as follows:
- Customer Briefing: Here Customer will be briefed about the benefits of HANA Software after which the implementation aspect is discussed in detail.
- Solution Concept: Here the business requirements will be asked for and simultaneously reporting requirements will also be discussed. Once the Business requirements are analyzed then the data size will be defined in terms of volumes.
- Solution Specification: The data modeling will be studied, and the reporting needs will be designed as per customer’s requirement. The technical documentation will be initiated keeping in view the integration of data sources.
- Solution Implementation: The entire architecture of SAP HANA is implemented in here keeping in view the Business needs of an organization.
- Solution Integration: Here the integration of SAP HANA takes place in the particular systems of that Business unit after which the Hardware tests are run. Here the Data Sets are loaded, and data models are built.
- Solution Support: Once HANA has been successfully integrated into the systems and after that if there is any support required, it can be provided upon request.
Clients of HANA
Implementation Partners of SAP HANA:
IBM, Deloitte, Prosoft Technology Group, Inc., TEKsystems, CIBER, Inc. SAP, Cognilytics, Dell, Mekaza, Ascent Services Group, The Jones Group Inc.
Types of Industries
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer Products
- Customer Service
- High Tech
- Industrial Machinery & Components
- Mill Products
- Oil & Gas
- Professional Services
- Public Sector